Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sorry for the inconveince

Due to recent slacking on my behalf I would like to apologize, and thus post 2 new posts tonight. The first will be that like the previous one. While the latter will be a short list of some unkown yet extremely listenable music.



So, to start things off I would like to introduce a great band that, in my opinoin does not get half the respect they should. The band of which I speak is Faces. The aftermath of Small Faces with the addition of Rod Stewart and Ron Wood. If you are not a Rod Stewart fan you should still give this band a try. They sound nothing like his solo stuff until their last album. Thus, I would suggest to check out their first three albums. In particular their third album was incredibly listenable. As for a song I would suggest their single, "Stay with me" or perhaps "Nobody Knows". Good road music, kinda puts you in the mood when you got three more hours till you hit the stateline and you need a pick me up.




Shinedown has been an absolute great band to me. With strong lyrical content and great musical showmanship this band has really surpassed all expectations in todays music. Unfortunately, I cannot say this for their newest album. Musically its still up there with the exception of the song "Devour", give "Heores" off their last album a listen and you will in fact hear the same guitar riff. Lyrically this album is kind off a stinker in my opinoin. Now to some or most rather the lyrics aren't as important as the groove or backround music, this is whats wrong with music nowadays. Now, had the lyrics of their previous albums not been as deep and as strongly written as they were this wouldn't be an issue. Overall, I actually do like this album. "Call me", "If you only knew", "What a shame", and "Breaking inside" are all great songs off this album. The last one is probably the best one on this album. "Energy" and "Sin with a grin" have almost the exact same guitar riffs. Songs to saty away from are the latter of the afore mentioned along with "cyanide sweet tooth suicide" and "Second chance". The radio, television, or 14 year old sister may have you thinking you like this song, but if you look up the lyrics or actually listen to the song you will feel like a dumbass. Hopefully this band doesn't crumble and become a complete sell out like some many others that taste success.


Now if your into bluesy, folk, or bluegrass music then Old Crow Medicine Show is just the band for you. This band is gaining popularity to the point of making an absolutely terrible album. Their first few albums were mainly traditional songs done up their way, which was very unique. Sometimes these songs weren't so good because of the speedy blugrass effect. Their absolute best song "Wagon Wheel" is almost completely by them with the exception of the chorus which they lifted from legendary Bob Dylan. Their second best would have to be "Tell it to me". Both of these songs are from their self titled album, and the only other album I would suggest would be Big Iron World. This album is more Dylanish and less bluegrassy. "Wagon Wheel" is an absolute must have. You may have heard a cover or eight of this great song, but like most songs nothing compares to the original. Unfortunately, all their albums besides these two really blow. There so bad I wouldn't even give them to my grandmother for christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment